Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Education Reform

Been looking for sites addressing issues regarding education reform. Thing from different types of schools, school size, how teachers are taught, homework (as mention recently), and found there is a lot of scattered opinions addressing single issues or advocating specific programs. What I want to find is a site with a collection of issues and either links or data that support each side. Not always easy. I finally found one sight that manages to sort them out to make broad research a bit easier. Check the above link.

If anybody knows of any sites like described, and better than the one mentioned, would love to hear about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am the co-author of The Case Against Homework and the host of stophomework.com. At stophomework, you'll find up-to-date research on homework and parent forums on the topic. Also try: susanohanian.org for all kinds of interesting education issues; and educationrevolution.org, the web site of AERO (Alternative Education Resource Organization).


--Sara Bennett
(co-author, The Case Against Homework)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to take a look at my site. I did recently visit stophomework.com, referenced from a review of "the homework myth", but found the site to be offline, but I will be sure to check it out again.

Thank you for the sugghestions, and I look forward to reading through them.

Also, in case you check back, I would be curious to know how you found my site.

Thanks again

Anonymous said...

I have a google alert for "case against homework" and that's how I found you. I'd prefer to have an email conversation privately, but I couldn't find contact info for you.

sara@stophomework.com